Friday, March 28, 2008

Easter weekend...a weekend of firsts!

Right now Luke is taking a nap so I may have a little time to write! Last weekend was Easter weekend so we went down to St. George. It has become a tradition that we spend Easter down there, and it’s so nice because it’s usually still cold up in Salt Lake but warm down there! It’s great to escape to the warmer weather and hang out by the pool and in the sun. Cory’s mom’s side of the family always goes down there too so it’s a full house. 

We had a good time. Luke is at a nice age where he is big enough now that I don’t worry about him quite as much because he just seems more sturdy and not so fragile now. Also, the weather is warming up and there isn’t so much sickness going around so I wasn’t as worried about having him down there around all those people. It was nice because everyone loves holding him so he got all the attention in the world being passed around back and forth with cousins, aunts, etc. and they all love to hold him. Everyone says he’s so cute…and he really is! I decided he really is the cutest little baby I have ever seen! I think every parent probably thinks their baby is the cutest, but I swear mine really is! Cory thinks so too, it was funny because the other day he was saying…"I really think we should think about getting Luke an agent so he can become a baby model”…and he was dead serious. I laughed and said we don’t need Luke to be a baby model! It was funny. Yeah, we aren’t biased about our child AT ALL.  

Saturday we took Luke in the pool for his first time. He loves the bath lately so I was excited to have him go in the pool. I got him a little floaty seat thing that has a seat and a turtle head, it’s pretty cute. I got him baby sunscreen and little blue swim trunks. Cory got in the pool with him and Luke didn’t quite know what to think. I think it was a little colder than what he is used to. He was good for about 5 minutes and then got upset and wanted out, which was fine. I thought it was good that he lasted that long! I took him inside and put him in a warm bath to calm him down, and he loved that.

Easter morning was lots of fun. He’s only two months old and holidays are already so much more fun with him! Kids are what most holidays are all about and before we had kids I always thought it would be so much fun once we did have kids. 

Luke is really starting to smile a lot and making a lot of oohs and ahhs and cooing noises. I love it. Right after I feed him and finish nursing he is usually in the best mood and can’t stop smiling and making little noises. It’s so cute. My mom was doing patty cake with him and discovered he really likes that. So just the past day or so I have been doing that with him and he really likes it. He really likes his mobile and is starting to like his little swing. He is so much fun and we just love him so much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment