Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Rice cereal...yum yum!





Monday Luke had his 4 month Pediatrician appointment (he turned 4 months last Saturday). At the appointment the doctor told me I could try giving him some rice cereal and see if he likes it. I was pretty excited, it's so fun when they graduate onto new things like this! So yesterday I went to the store and got some baby food, we set up the highchair, and we got all ready to go for Luke's first "solid" meal tonight.

I pretty much expected him to spit it out and not know what to do with it, but he actually really liked it. He didn't even make a funny face with it, just slurped it down (getting some on himself in the process). About half way through he started really getting into it and when I wouldn't get the cereal in the spoon and to his mouth fast enough he would start getting all antsy and whining for it, and the second I brought it to his lips he would just slurp it down. It was pretty funny. Probably about half of it ended up on his face, bib and hands (his hands are ALWAYS in his mouth lately sucking on his fingers!) He would get done eating a bite and then stick his hands right back in his mouth to suck on those fingers. This of course added to the mess, but that's all part of the fun right! 

No comments:

Post a Comment