Thursday, August 28, 2008

Lots of teeth, scooting and crawling, and eating carpet!



Luke has had a couple big things happen in the last couple weeks. Now he has not two, not four, but EIGHT teeth! He is pretty young to have this many teeth! He got his top two in a couple weeks ago and within a few days got both his top and bottom side teeth. All the sudden it's like he has a full mouth of teeth! I haven't had him bite me too bad yet :).

Also, he's been scooting around the last few weeks and getting up on "his haunches" as we call it, but just over the weekend he took his first real little crawl without landing on his face. The last couple days he has been pretty mobile and seems to be getting this crawling thing down better and better, moving around quick and grabbing things that used to be out of his reach. I need to baby proof the house! There are things I never even thought of that he has started to grab! For instance, we have these rugs that are remnants of carpet. There is one big one in our family room area, one in Luke's room, one in my room. We didn't finish off the edges of these rugs because it was expensive, so sometimes the little carpet pieces fall off the edges. Well now that Luke can crawl his way to these rugs, he loves to play with the carpet on the edges of the rugs and loves when he can pull out carpet peices, and of course they go right in his mouth! I'll turn my back for a minute and turn around and Luke has little carpet strands hanging out his mouth like noodles! I have to be careful because they are kind of thick, i'm pretty sure if he swallowed one he might chock! So there is one example of little things he can now get to that I would have never thought of! Funny guy, why does he love carpet so much? We love our little Lukie boy. :)

I am so grateful to have this happy, healthy baby boy. Sometimes I don't know why I am so lucky. We love him so much and feel so blessed to have him.

No comments:

Post a Comment