Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Captain Luke

Luke will no longer sit in little sitting place for kids by the handle of the cart at the grocery store. I always start him out there, but it doesn't last too long before he wants out. So a couple weeks ago I tried putting him in the actual cart and he discovered something very fun. He likes to be standing in the very front of the cart, holding onto it, directing where we are going. We call him captain Luke. It reminds me of a sailor on the front of a boat directing which way to go. When he is standing in the front of the cart like this life couldn't be better. He is laughing and smiling at everyone we pass. They always smile back but they are probably thinking...what is this mom doing, her kid is about to fall out of the cart. But I decided I don't care what people think. The first couple times we did this I have to admit I was a little nervous, but he holds on tight and I THINK if I had to I could dive forward quick enough and grab him if he started to topple. Hopefully I'll never have to test that.


Anyway, today while at Costco he was doing his captain thing and laughing and smiling at everyone and I couldn't help but laugh at it to myself. I happened to have my camera in my diaper bag so I pulled it out to snap a couple pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment