Thursday, June 11, 2009

Head Stuck!

The other day Luke and I were cuddling and playing on the bed. He got excited and started kind of jumping up and down on the bed and ended up throwing himself back, almost hitting the bed rail at the foot of our bed. I was relived he didn't hit it, but then he scooted himself backwards and lodged his head right inbetween two of the bed frame rods! We have an iron bed frame, the picture below will explain how it looks and how his head was between two of the rail thingys. At first I didn't think anything of it, he seemed fine and wasn't crying, I thought he was just scooted between two of them, so I grabbed his legs to pull him back toward me, but he let out a scream! His head was stuck between the two rails! I tried pulling him out genty a few times but the poor guy wouldn't budge! By this time he was pretty upset. Then, it dawned on me to go around to the other side at the foot of the bed and try pulling him out head first. Sure enough, this did the trick and he came unlogded pretty easily! I was so glad he came out and I didn't have to resort to putting butter on his head to try to slip his head out, or ever worse, calling 911 to come and do it! I had to laugh about our little incident later and decided this was worthy of writting down.

He ended up with a little red mark on his right cheek below his eye, nothing to horrible, but still, poor guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment