Friday, October 29, 2010

"Alligators scared me out of bed!"

The last time we were at Cory's parent's house to stay, Luke was having a hard time sleeping. One night he came out of the room upset and said to me, "The alligator scared me out of bed!" I had a hard time figuring out what he meant by this, why an alligator? He kept saying this every night were were there so I finally asked him to take me into the room and show me what he was talking about thinking it would be a shadow or something. In the room he pointed to a throw blanket Cory's mom had hanging on a quilt rod in the room - it is a blanket with a knitted picture of Noah's ark and in front of the ark are many animals, including an alligator. I was SO surprised that he would pick up on this. Like I said, it is a knitted blanket so it's not like that animals are very vivid and I was just surprised he would single out the alligator or even notice it. He knows what an alligator is from the picture books we have and must have realized alligators are kind of scary because of the "Monkey's swinging in a tree" song where the alligators "snap that monkey right out of that tree!"

Well, the alligator scare hasn't stopped. Luke will run into our room at night and say, "The alligators scared me out of bed, mommy!" And then he will end up in our bed, and end up horizontal with his head on my stomach and his feet in Cory's face! :) Let's hope we can get these alligators to stop scaring our Lukie guy out of bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment