Monday, December 19, 2011

Luke says the darndest things

Luke has been cracking us up lately. Here are some of the funny things he has said in the last week or so:

One day he and Halle were talking about brothers and sisters. Luke said, "Hansel and Gretel are brother and sister, Leo and Annie (characters from one of his favorite shows Little Einsteins) are brother and sister, Luke and Halle are brother and sister, and Mommy and Daddy are brother and Sister!" Hmmm. I couldn't stop laughing to myself after I overheard him and Halle having that conversation and still can't. Not quiet sure how to explain that one!

All the sudden he's been getting very dramatic with us when he gets in trouble. Like the other night Cory had to reprimanded him for something (I can't remember what) and Luke told him, "I don't want to live with you anymore!"
Then Cory asked him, "Then where are you going to live?"
Luke said, "My room!"

Or the other day he told me, "You are a bad mommy and you need to go to timeout for 100 years!" I have to say, the 'bad Mommy' part made me feel a little bad. This is the first time he has said anything like this to me. But he was very tired and emotional and so I quickly brushed it off. I had just gotten his jammies on him and asked him to stay in his room and pick out a story and I would be back in a minute to read it to him. Obviously he was not ready for bedtime. After things had settled down and plenty of tears I picked him up, gave him a big hug and rocked him in my arms, and he was very sorry. And I was reminded that he's not as big as he sometimes looks or seems.

Ever since Halloween Luke and Halle like to pretend like they are witches and "cast spells" and pretend to change each other into different animals and things. Then there was a Halloween Little Einsteins they watched where a witch or something casts an "evil spell" on someone and the kids have to sing a song or something to help break it. So with those things in mind, yesterday after church Luke and Halle were running around the house playing.
They must have been playing witches or pretending to cast spells because all the sudden I heard Luke say, "Halle, you can break the evil spell by saying, 'Glory to God' or 'Jesus from Heaven!''

No comments:

Post a Comment