Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Love my sweet boy

Tonight I was tired and trying to get the kids in bed and they were giving me an unusually hard time about it. Finally I got Halle down, but Luke was still full of energy. It was already an hour past his normal bedtime and I knew he wasn't going to be settling down anytime soon, so I finally told him he could stay up and play in his room as long as he didn't come out and would get into bed when he got tired. He agreed, but about ten minutes later I heard his door creak open and he came sneaking out. I was losing patience and, probably a little grumpily, asked him what he was doing out of his room.

"I just need to get some paper and markers, mom."

Okay, that I could handle. So I got him his paper and markers an walked him back into his room to color until he got sleepy. He asked me to write the names of his friends next door on one paper, so I did, and then left him in there to color.

I didn't hear anything else from him. About a half hour later I went to check on him, and outside his door I found this:




How cute is that? He had been drawing pictures for his best friends, mom and dad, and Halle. It melted my heart just a bit. What a sweet boy, always thinking of others and always wanting to make something to give to someone. I love all his sweet little drawings and cherish them all. After seeing these pictures I thought, and why was I so frustrated trying to get him to stay in bed? I peeked in on him laying in his bed, fast asleep, and was overcome with love for my little guy. He is so special to me and I love him so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment