Monday, October 20, 2014

Bedrest helper

found out today I'm going to need to be on bedrest. I'm barely 28 weeks along with the twins and we found out through an ultrasound that my cervix is thinning out more than they want it to at this point. So my Doctor gave me a steroid shot today that is supposed to help the babies lungs develop more quickly and also help stop preterm labor. Luke came with me to the appt because he was home sick today and he was so cute, he was worried about me and worried that they needed to give me a shot. But I assured him I would be fine. Then they told me I need to be on bedrest to take pressure off my cervix. What a bummer. The good news is the babies are looking great. Hopefully I can just keep them in a lot longer! I'd like to at least make it to 34 weeks. I go back in tomorrow for another steroid shot and to talk to the Doctor about it some more. 

Anyway, it hasn't been long but the kids have been super cute and understanding so far. When I have to get up to go to the bathroom or something Halle even holds my hand and walks me there because she wants to help, then holds my hand to walk me back. And she sits by me and asks me if I'm doing ok. Such a sweet girl. Luke has been helping out with cleaning up and listening, and gets me water and things and reminds me not to get up because I'm on bedrest. What a cute boy. I don't want this to be hard on my kids and am just thankful I'm able to stay at home and don't have to be away from home and them at the hospital. Hopefully it stays that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment