Friday, September 26, 2008

"I Love You" book


For the last month or so I've been reading books to Luke before I put him down for naps and to bed at night. He has never really shown preference for one book over the other until a couple weeks ago, he started to pay pretty good attention to this cute book called "I Love You". It's a touch and feel book so he loves to touch the soft fuzzy little things on each page. Last week I sat him in his room to play while I went around the corner to the bathroom to get ready. I heard him crawling around and then kind of struggling to pick something up. He was grunting and making noises so I went in there to find that he had crawled over to the basket I keep his books in, dug through the books until he found the "I Love You" book, pulled it out (it's pretty heavy, I'm still amazed he can get it out) and was trying to turn the pages to read it! I wondered if it was just a fluke that he chose this book over the others. But later that same day he did the same thing, went to the basket and got that book out. Since then, every day he has gone to the basket and pulled the "I Love You" book out all on his own. It's heavy and he struggles to get the pages turned and it slips around a lot on the carpet but he keeps trying! We read it at least 4 times a day, if not more, he loves it! It's so fun to see him start to show his little opinion on things like this and I love that he likes reading books, or at least this one :).

On a side note...I pretty much have the book memorized so I decided we needed some more variety. So yesterday I went to Barnes and Noble and bought him two new books. One of them is a lot like the "I Love You" book, it is a touch and feel and has the same type of bright pictures. But he doesn't seem too interested in either of the books. I try reading them to him and he just grabs them and throws them! Hah! I guess he knows what he likes!

This morning after he pulled the book out (notice all the books in the background he had to dig through and throw out of the basket to get to this book)

No comments:

Post a Comment