Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Doggy road


Luke with our neighbor's puppy...

Luke loves dogs. He still does his funny little "ruff ruff ruff" when we ask him what the doggy says...the one that sounds like either "moo moo moo" or "woo woo woo" or "mah mah mah" and he scrunches up his face really funny when he does it. He gets really excited when we see dogs and always wants to pet them. Once he warms up to them he usually tries to give them a kiss on the nose (he can do this to Cory's family's dog Sophie because she is SO mellow...somehow I need to teach him not all dogs are this friendly!)

Anyway, about two weeks ago Luke and I were driving up the road we always do to get home. We made a turn to go up the stretch that goes by Oak Hills Elementary and there was a cute fluffly shitzu-type dog just kind of trotting along the side of the road. It looked like it had probably gotten out of its yard and was just walking along having fun being out. I was the only car on the road so I slowed down and pointed out the dog to Luke. He of course got all excited and started doing his "moo moo moo" ruff at the dog. I drove as slow as I could until the dog was out of sight so he could fully enjoy the experience.

The next day we were driving up the same road and right before we made the turn to go on the stretch that we saw the dog on, Luke starting doing his "ruff ruff" and proceeded to bark until we passed the elementary school. I was amazed he remembered we had saw a dog there the day before! I said, "yes Luke, this is where we saw the doggy yesterday. Too bad it's not here today." The next day, same thing. Next day, same thing, and everytime we have driven on that street since, now two weeks later! I don't know if he thinks there's a chance we'll see the dog everytime or if he just remembers and likes to do the bark, but it catches me off guard almost everytime and I have to laugh. Tonight Cory and I were driving back from the store and Luke did it again and we both couldn't believe he is still doing it (I told Cory the story a few days ago when Luke started barking as we were going up the hill and Cory wanted to know why). So, I decided this one is worth writting down. That little guy has a good memory! Of course it might not pertain to when I ask him to not hit or bite or climb on dangerous objects, but with dogs, his memory is all there!

No comments:

Post a Comment