Thursday, August 21, 2014

It's a...

BOY and GIRL!


We are all so excited!

Cory and I found out what they were at the ultrasound but kept it a secret until that night. To make it fun for the kids we had some cupcakes made up at a bakery, one with a blue filling for the boy and one with pink filling for the girl. My family was also there. We ate dinner and then let the kids both chose one of the two gender reveal cupcakes. We didn't know which was which - it just so happened that Luke chose the boy cupcake and Halle chose the girl cupcake. Then we told them to takes bites and show us what they found out. Yay! It was so fun and the kids were both so excited. 

I was really hoping they would be boy/girl. This way Luke and Halle both get what they wanted...Of course Luke wanted a brother and Halle wanted a sister. Luke especially would have been disappointed I'd he didn't get a brother, and I'm so glad Halle will get to have a sister. And I really thought it would be fun to have the experience of having both a boy and a girl again. Plus, I think having them boy/girl this takes away a lot of the "twin rivalry" worries. Of course we would have been happy with any outcome, but we couldn't be more happy with this news :). So fun! Can't wait for a new brother and sister to join our family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment