Sunday, March 20, 2011

"I have a baby in my tummy"

On Luke's birthday we watched the video we took the night before I had him and I showed my stomach, then it picks up right after he was born at the hospital. Luke was totally engrossed in the video and has watched it many many times since. Ever since then he has been really into talking about babies.

He also loves to pretend that he has a baby in his tummy. Sometimes he puts an actual stuffed animal in his shirt, it's usually Piglet or his "Baby Rudolph" (he has two Rudolph stuffed animals - a bigger one that sings and the smaller one which he calls "Baby Rudolph".) Or sometimes he just pretends he has a baby in his tummy and sticks it out really far when there is nothing in there. Then we have to go to the "hospital" so the baby can be born (the hospital is Mommy & Daddy's room). It's really cute, he gets really excited about it. Sometimes he'll run back to the "hospital" all by himself and then run back to me and say with big wide eyes and an excited but quiet voice, "Mommy, the baby has been born!"

Lately whenever we see babies anywhere we go both Luke and Halle zero in on them and say, "look at that baby!" Sometimes the "baby" is just as old as Halle and she is joining with Luke saying "baby! baby!" The other day Luke said, "Daddy, Mommy has a baby in her tummy!" I had to tell him that I don't yet, but maybe someday!








No comments:

Post a Comment