Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Luke plays pretend

Luke rarely calls Halle by her name anymore because he likes to play pretend and Halle is usually a part of it. I'm starting to wonder if it confuses her just a little J. It all depends on who he is at the moment...or I should say who he's imagining he is.

He still loves Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer so he often pretends he is Rudolph and Halle is Clarice. Oh and I am Fireball. Every morning he has to get the red marker and draw a red nose on himself. Markers are the first thing he asks for in the morning so he can draw his red nose. So pretty much everywhere we go he has a red nose lately. I don't fight it, I figure he won't do it for forever!

Luke also likes to play Winnie the Pooh. If Luke is Pooh Bear, Halle is Piglet. I'm usually Darby (from My Friends Tigger and Pooh the Disney Show) and Daddy is Tigger. He has also declared that Grandma Lori can be Rabbit, Grandpa Sheldon can be Eeyore, and Aunt Jamie can be Kanga.

Lately he loves "The Land Before Time". I know if I hear him making a high pitched sort of screechy sound he is pretending he is Little Foot and making dinosaur noises. He likes to say he is going to the Great Valley and has to go on a whole trek to get there through a big tunnel (our hallway), climb over a mountain (our bed), and finally into his room which is the Great Valley.


No comments:

Post a Comment